The Yaroslav Mudryi National Law University is one of the leading center of legal education and science in Ukraine. University’s mission is to train professional lawyers, enhance their personal development through promoting core European values, civic responsibility, national identity and tolerance, which meets social, economic and cultural needs of Ukraine and the global community. Today the University formed its own educational approaches and principles: meeting the requirements of the European and world standards of legal education; interdisciplinary cooperation; direct connection with the practice and research results; educational mission in civil society.
The University encourages academic mobility of students and lecturers on the basis of bilateral agreements on cooperation with foreign education institutions different countries.
International Relations Office (IRO) of NLU works in order to make the University more international and competitive in the area of higher education in Ukraine, Europe and all around the world. It coordinates international cooperation and partnerships among the University and foreign higher education institutions, international organisations, networks, diplomatic missions, University’s participation in international academic exchange programmes, marketing operations advertising the University’s accomplishments in research and innovation, as well as study programmes abroad. It organises international student recruitment and admission, advises arriving students and staff on non-academic support, integration into the University’s academic community. IRO informs University students and staff about studies, grants and placements abroad, and provides the University’s departments with methodical, administrative and informational assistance.
International Relations Office (IRO) of NLU performs such functions:
- controls and administers student exchange under international programmes, bilateral and multilateral state contracts, University’s cooperation (partnership) agreements, student mobility under Ukrainian state scholarships, international placements and other programmes. Promotes the internationalisation of studies;
- administers EU Erasmus+ programme key action 1 student mobility;
- organises the recruitment of foreign students and listeners applying for full-time studies at the University, as well as the admission of students in international exchange study programmes or «free-mover» students for studies or placement at the University’s departments;
- on the basis of their expertise, prepares internal University legislation and other documents, analyses and gives reports;
- organises events for promoting mobility opportunities, international student integration and cultural experience;
- supervises the IRO website in Ukrainian and English, prepares and periodically updates information that represents the University. Spreads information in foreign languages on study and exchange opportunities, arrival, integration into the academic community and support on various publications, websites and social media, useful to foreign students, graduates and partner institutions;
- advises university entrants and other individuals interested in information on the admission of foreign students and listeners or information on international (studies) exchange. It is responsible for spreading the innovations of this field at the University;
- informs students on matters unrelated to the organisation of the study process (orientation events upon student arrival, social integration into the University’s community, accommodation at the University student house, etc.);
- in cooperation with other departments, initiates and implements marketing strategies and campaigns in order to advertise the University and its study programmes abroad, and, on the basis of their expertise, participates and presents the University in fairs, expositions and public events in Ukraine or abroad;
In the sphere of international partnerships IRO performs these functions:
• coordinates the University’s cooperation with international partners, international organisations, Rector’s (University level) communication with international organisations and partners;
• in cooperation with involved departments, it organises and regulates international contract projects, controls the implementation of legal obligations, manages and constantly updates memberships in international organisations, as well as the database of international cooperation contracts and partners, analyses and provides recommendations on the extension of memberships, contracts and cooperation;
• controls the arriving staff mobility: organises the protocol arrival of foreign delegations, guests, lecturers and researchers, the processing of documents, the preparation and appropriate implementation of programmes for strategic visits at the University, coordinates the recruitment of potential foreign professors, administers the arriving professors’ applications for support, the provision of reports for institutions that have granted financial support; provides information to foreign lecturers and staff (orientation events upon their arrival, social integration into the University’s community, accommodation, etc.);
• controls the outgoing staff mobility: analyses, aids the board in planning and administers the University’s staff international mobility and missions (including EU Erasmus+ programme key action 1 activities), organises foreign missions for the University board;
• on the basis of their expertise, prepares internal University legislation, analyses and gives reports, administers the University’s international contact database and observes its effectiveness;
• analyses the most advanced experiences of international management of Universities in Europe and other regions, spreads and implements management innovations in the University on the basis of their expertise;
• provides organisational and administrative assistance, consults organisers of University’s international events on protocol matters, organises international events at the University together with the faculties and other University departments;
• seeks, analyses and spreads information on the initiatives of International organisations, invitations to cooperate with other institutions, information on the possibilities of teaching, training (professional development) and studies abroad, grants and other financial support, organises events to promote staff mobility at the University and, if required, aids in looking for international cooperation partners.
Information for Incoming Students
Office responsible for Erasmus+ and International students exchange at NLU:
INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS OFFICE (IRO)
Yaroslav Mudrui National Law University
Pushkinska str. 77, 61024 Kharkiv, Ukraine
Rooms No. 92, 87
Tel.:+38057 704 93 31; Tel.: +38057 705 89 64
Programme of the Introductory week of 2019/2020 Autumn Semester
Arrival day — 26 August, 2019
Programme of the Introductory week of 2019/2020 Spring Semester
Arrival day — 27 January, 2020
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE TO Ukraine
Once you have decided to study at the NLU, do not forget to do the following:
- Inform Erasmus Co-ordinator about your choice at Home University (there might be deadlines for selection procedures).
- Your Home University co-ordinator must NOMINATE you to study as an Erasmus+ or exchange student at NLU.
- All applicants must complete the relevant applications by email.
- Check if you need to obtain a visa at the Migration Department.
- Confirm your date of arrival to the NLU International Relations Office (IRO)
- All the documents should be carefully filled out and submitted to the International Relations Office (IRO) via email before the deadlines May 31 for Autumn semester or academic year and November 30th for Spring semester.
As soon as IRO receives the request for accommodation, reservation of required type of accommodation is made. If NLU housing facilities are overbooked, help in the search of alternative housing is offered (i. e. rooms and/or flats in a private sector). With the receipt of a student application and study plan, relevant faculty is informed and learning agreement is prepared for approval by the faculty responsible coordinator. Only when the faculty accepts the study plan requested in the learning agreement, International Relations Office prepares acceptance documents and a student soon receives acceptance letter, learning agreement signed by relevant NLU faculty coordinator, notification concerning accommodation (if requested) and further details on arrival and studies.
Make sure that you bring these documents:
- Letter of Acceptance from NLU
- Confirmation of accommodation (printed out message about confirmed accommodation at the Student house)
- Three passport photographs
- Learning Agreement signed by all three parties
Olga Nanarova, Senior Manager for International Relations
Yaroslav Mudriy National Law University
Pushkinska st. 77, 61024 Kharkiv, Ukraine
Phone: +38(057)704 89 64
Mobile/Viber/Telegram +38 (066) 05 15 288
Alla Grynchak,Senior Manager for International Relations
Yaroslav Mudriy National Law University
Pushkinska st. 77, 61024 Kharkiv, Ukraine
Phone: +38(057)704 93 31
Mobile/Viber/Telegram +38 (050) 220 26 74
All the documents should be carefully filled out and submitted to the International Relations Office (IRO) before the deadlines May 31 for Autumn semester and November 30th for Spring semester.
ACADEMIC CALENDAR 2019/2020
Autumn semester: from 2 September, 2019 to 2 February, 2020
Spring semester: from 3 February, 2020 to 30 June, 2020
Examinations: from 25 May, 2020 to 21 June, 2020
Retake of Examinations: from 22 June, 2020 to 30 June, 2020
Summer holidays: from 1 July, 2020 to 31 August, 2020
Deadline for Applications: 30 November, 2019
LEGAL SYSTEM OF UKRAINE
EU LEGAL VALUES
ADVANCED STUDIES IN CIVIL PROCEDURE
INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS TRANSACTIONS
EUROPEAN AND INTERNATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL LAW
CORPORATE LAW AND GOVERNANCE
ADVANCED STUDIES IN CRIME PREVENTION
LAW OF INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION
DIPLOMACY AND CONSULAR LAW
INTERNATIONAL CRIMINAL LAW
INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND INVESTMENT LAW
INTERNATIONAL INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAW
PERSPECTIVES IN THE INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
INTERNATIONAL CONTRACT LAW
INTERNATIONAL PUBLIC LAW