The European Organisation of Prison and Correctional Services (EuroPris) is a non-political, non-governmental organisation founded in 2011. The initiative to establish EuroPris was taken during the Swedish EU Presidency in 2009 and was brought forward by the European countries of the International Roundtable for Correctional Excellence.
Questions related to the pre-trial detention will be addressed in the upcoming Pre-trial Detention Webinar organised by EuroPris and Penal Reform International on Tuesday 14 February at 14:00-16:00 CET. The event is hosted by the French prison administration and will be simultaneously translated between French and English.
This event is free and open.
Date/time: Tuesday 14 February 2023, 14:00 – 16:00 CET.
- Laurent Ridel, Director General, Prison department, French Ministry of Justice – presenting the use of pre-trial detention in France and its impact on prisoners and staff;
- Jesca Beneder, Policy Officer, DG Justice, European Commission – introducing the recently adopted Commission recommendation on procedural rights of suspects and accused persons subject to pre-trial detention and on material detention conditions.
After the presentations, the speakers will be joined for a panel discussion and Q&A.
- Olivia Rope, Executive Director – Penal Reform International;
- Adriano Martufi, Researcher – University of Pavia;
- Ioana Morar, Director of Social Reintegration Directorate Romania;
- Kam Stevens – Senior Digital consultant with lived experience, Penal Reform Solutions UK;
- Jessica Vonderscher, Prosecutor – Belfort Judicial Court.