The University has agreements on cooperation with universities from the UK, France, Poland, Lithuania, Estonia, Vietnam, Ireland, Spain, Germany, the USA, Uzbekistan, Sweden and other countries.
The University is a member of international associations and organizations, activity of which is directed at creation of strategies of effective international cooperation in the field of education and research, at joint search of ways of dealing with current problems and experience exchange. Membership in United Nations Academic Impact (UNAI), European University Association, European Law Faculties Association, European Public Law Organization is an indicator of international recognition of our law school.
After Ukraine had joined the Bologna Process, participation of the University in joint European projects, directed at introduction of information and innovation technologies in teaching process, its internationalization and improvement of management became especially important. Many European universities became strategic partners of our University, among them Mykolas Romeris University (Lithuania), University of Lodz (Poland), University of Hertfordshire (UK), University of Oviedo (Spain), University College Cork (Ireland), Royal Institute of Technologies (Sweden).
The University delivers two Joint Master’s degree Programmes: “International Law” and “European and International Business Law”, taught in English, which allow graduates to get degrees of Yaroslav Mudryi National Law University, Mykolas Romeris University and University Savoie Mont Blanc (France).
The University encourages academic mobility of students and lecturers on the basis of bilateral agreements with foreign education institutions.
The students of the University actively participate and get awards in international moot court competitions, such as Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition and Telders International Law Moot Court Competition.
Participation in joint European projects (Tempus, Erasmus+), together with the leading universities of Western Europe has always been one of the most successful areas of international cooperation of the University. The University has won the greatest number of international grants related to legal topics in Ukraine, was consortium coordinator in some of them. In recent years the University has won six joint European projects under the Tempus program, more than 270 members of academic staff of the University attended training courses abroad, and more than a hundred colleagues from Western universities visited our University. Many EU universities became our partners during these projects, among them Hertfordshire University (UK), University of Oviedo (Spain), University Paris-Sud (France), Royal Institute of Technology (Sweden), and many others.
The Tempus project “Development of Regional Interdisciplinary Post-Graduate Energy and Environmental Law Studies” was completed in 2015. Our partners were the University of Magdeburg, University of Girona, Royal Institute of Technology (Sweden), International University Service Agency (Austria), Georgian Technical University, Ilia State University (Georgia).
Current Erasmus+ projects:
- EUROPEAN HUMAN RIGHTS LAW FOR UNIVERSITIES OF UKRAINE AND MOLDOVA: http://hrlaw.eu.org/
- MODERNISATION OF MASTER PROGRAMMES FOR FUTURE JUDGES, PROSECUTORS, INVESTIGATORS WITH RESPECT EUROPEAN STANDARD OF HUMAN RIGHTS: https://crimhum.bsu.by/en/?fbclid=IwAR1Ppzag9mIvOr8Kqi1F3zVIrSZmyGIMddD74b03AUVQ6H8H16OF-xAabUw
List of partners universities:
- Mykolas Romeris University (Vilnius, Lithuania)
- Tallinn Technical University (Estonia)
- University of Lodz (Poland)
- Université Savoie Mont Blanc (Chambéry, France)
- Nicolaus Copernicus University (Torun, Poland)
- Masaryk University (Brno, Czech Republic)
- Riga Stradiņš University, Faculty of Law (Latvia)
- Montpellier University (France)
- Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg (Halle, Germany) Faculty of Law, Economics and Business
- John Jay College of Criminal Justice (NY, USA)
- Tashkent State University of Law (Uzbekistan)
- East China University of Political Science and Law (China)
- Tajik National University (Dushanbe, Tajikistan)
- Baranovichi State University (Bialorus)
- University College Cork, National University Of Ireland (Republic of Ireland)
- Kungliga Tekniska Hoegskolan (Sweden)
- The University of Huddersfield (Great Britain)
- The University of Hertfordshire (Great Britain)
- Moldova State University (Moldova)
- Police Academy «Stefan cel Mare» (Moldova)
- Alecu Russo Balti State University (Moldova)
- Universität Graz (Austria)
- Belarusian State University (Bialorus)
- Yanka Kupala State University of Hrodna (Bialorus)
- Faculty of Law, University of Rijeka (Croatia)
- Universite D’Aix Marseille (France)
- The University of Potsdam (Germany)
- Vilnius University (Lithuania)
- The University of Central Lancashire (Cyprus)
- Ilia State University (Georgia)
- The University of Tübingen (Germany)
- Girona University (Spain)